Federal Financial Assistance
The U.S. Federal government has approved new relief funding for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Temporary funding programs have been established though the Small Business Administration (SBA) to provide disaster assistance loans for small businesses. Live agents are available to guide you through the process at 1-800-659-2955 or
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan is a loan designed to provide economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue due to COVID-19 impacts.
- SBA Debt Relief is a debt relief program for existing SBA loan borrowers whose businesses have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. The program ended on May 31, 2021. Existing borrowers may be eligible for PPP loan forgiveness.
State Financial Assistance
The State of California has funding programs available to assist businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- California Rebuilding Fund is a loan program to support California's small businesses. Those who employed 50 or less full-time equivalent employees (FTEs) and had gross revenues of less than $2.5 million or below in 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program provides guarantees for loans up to $50K for small business borrowers in declared disaster areas.
- CalCAP is a loan loss reserve program which may provide up to 100% coverage on losses as a result of certain loan defaults. Individual borrowers are limited to a maximum of $2.5 million enrolled over a 3-year period. Contact a Participating Lender to enroll.
- Employment Development Department Through the State of California employees and employers may receive benefits.
Local Business Resources and Free Webinars
These organizations are available to provide free guidance for applying to funding assistance.
- Sacramento Municipal Utility Assistance - SMUD has implemented a moratorium on service disconnections for non-payment through March 2022. Agents are available to assist with payment plans at 1-888-742-7683.
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company - PG&E has implemented a moratorium on service disconnections for non-payment through September 30, 2021. Agents are available to assist with payment options at 1-877-704-8470.